Range extenders like those of Netgear, help users a lot by solving their problems of extended network access. If you have got your hands on a new Netgear Wi-Fi extender, here is what you need to know. Though you can always follow the manual netgear wifi extender setup process, if you have the latest model of the Netgear extender, you can easily set it up using the Nighthawk app. The app is available for download on all leading app stores. You can install the same from there using your smartphone.
In this blog, we will discuss how you can manually set up your Netgear wifi extender using mywifiext web address.
Netgear wifi extender setup using mywifiext
- Start by plugging in your netgear extender in an electrical outlet. The power LED will light up. If it does not check if the device has a power On/Off button. Press the same to turn on the device.
- Now, connect your computer or smartphone to the wireless extender’s local network. Simply go to the wireless networks section of your device settings and connect to the netgear extender’s network.
- You can identify the network SSID by Netgear_EXT or something similar. The extender network either has no password or you can use the default password as the word password itself.
- Once connected, open the web browser and in the address bar, type www.mywifiext.net and press Enter. You will be directed to the new extender setup page.
Configuring the network settings
- Click or tap on the new extender setup option. Accept the terms and conditions and click on Next.
- In the next page, specify new admin credentials for your range extender. These will be used to access the netgear extender settings in the future. You can leave the username as it is and change the password if you want.
- In the next screen, select any two security questions from the drop-down menu and answer them. This will be helpful in case you lose your device admin password and you are looking to recover the same.
- Now, click on the Next button. You will see a prompt asking for your consent to use Netgear Genie. Click on Yes or Continue button.
- The Netgear wifi extender setup wizard will now look for the available main router’s network in the vicinity and finally display a list of networks to you on the screen.
- Select the one that corresponds to the main router network and enter the password for the same. If you are using a dual-band router, you will need to connect to both the bands of the router using the netgear wifi extender setup wizard.
- Finally on the next screen, click on the Next button and wait for the netgear extender to apply the settings you have just configured. This will take a few minutes. Once done, you can proceed with connecting to the new network using your devices.
- Go back to your web browser and select the checkbox at the bottom of the page. Finally, click on the “Continue” button and your extender device will begin extending the network coverage.